The Association of Mental Health Providers (The Association) is the national partner for this sector. They can help to explain the programme, support you with applications to join it, and will have a key role in helping successful applicants to progress their ideas and grow their enterprise activity.
The key contact at The Association is Greg Woolley, Enterprise Development Manager.
“I’m really looking forward to working with organisations from the Mental Health sector, helping them to increase their sustainability and reach, through successful enterprise activity. Between now and 2022 we’re keen to work with a variety of organisations, in terms of geography, stage of development and types of enterprise.”
If you would like to understand more about this program, please feel free to get in touch with Greg at email@example.com.
Organisations applying to programme must meet the following criteria:
• Be interested in exploring new models of trading to help build financial resilience but require support to get these ideas off the ground. The long-term goal of applicants may be to take on social investment but that isn’t a requirement for a place on EDP
• Must be a social enterprise, charity or not-for-profit company, based and working in England
• Be an incorporated organisation with a clear social mission
• Distribute less than 50% of post-tax profits and reinvest at least 51% of surpluses into pursuing their social mission, and have a constitutional or contractual lock on their social mission, dividend, and surplus distribution policy (also known as an asset lock)
• Funding cannot be used for activities that promote religious or political purposes
• If you are a faith-based organisation, you can apply but your services must be open to people of all or no faith.
For this round, we particularly welcome applications that demonstrate some of the following:
• Organisations that support rural areas of England
• Organisations that provide mental health provision in the midlands
• Organisations that provide specialist or crisis support for those with severe mental health/illness
• Organisations that offer meaningful training / employment pathways for beneficiaries within their enterprise operation
• Organisations with lived experience within their leadership
• Enterprise operations that have been in existence for over 6 months and have already achieved sales.
|Monday 13 September – 10am||Stage 1 Applications Open|
Application Form Here
|Monday 4 October – 4pm||Stage 1 Applications Close|
|Thursday 4 November – 4pm||Stage 2 Applications Close|
Want to download a version of the guidance? Click here