The Association of Mental Health Providers (The Association) is the national partner for this sector. They have a key role in helping successful applicants to progress their ideas and grow their enterprise activity.
The key contact at The Association is Greg Woolley, Enterprise Development Manager.
“I’m excited to be working with organisations from the Mental Health sector, helping them to increase their sustainability and reach, through successful enterprise activity. And I a, pleased to be working with a variety of organisations, in terms of geography, stage of development and types of enterprise.”
If you would like to understand more about this program, please feel free to get in touch with Greg at email@example.com.
Please note that there no further applications rounds planned for the Mental Health sector at this time. The information below is provided for information only.
Organisations applying to programme must meet the following criteria:
- Be interested in exploring new models of trading to help build financial resilience but that require initial grant and learning support to get these ideas off the ground. The long-term goal of applicants may be to take on social investment but that isn’t a requirement for a place on EDP.
- Must be a social enterprise, charity or not-for-profit company based and working in England and have been operating for at least 2 years.
- Able to provide the last full year accounts
- Have an Annual revenue between £50,000 and £1.5M
- Income from statutory bodies was a maximum of 80% of the total income (i.e. highlighting a diversification of income streams rather than a single source of income)
- Be an incorporated organisation with a clear stated mission to support individuals suffering from mental health issues or illnesses (as indicated in your organisation’s governing/constitutional documents)
- Distribute less than 50% of post-tax profits and reinvest at least 51% of surpluses into pursuing their social mission, and have a constitutional or contractual lock on their social mission, dividend, and surplus distribution policy (also known as an asset lock)
- Can evidence current trading activities, which require support / development, or
- Commitment from senior management and the Board to pilot / test a coherent trading idea
- Funding cannot be used for activities that promote religious or political purposes
- If you are a faith-based organisation, you can apply but your services must be open to people of all or no faith.
For this round, we particularly welcome applications that demonstrate some of the following:
- Organisations that support rural areas of England
- Organisations that provide mental health provision in the midlands
- Organisations that provide specialist or crisis support for those with severe mental health/illness
- Organisations that offer meaningful training / employment pathways for beneficiaries within their enterprise operation
- Organisations with lived experience within their leadership
- Enterprise operations that have been in existence for over 6 months and have already achieved sales.