Want an Easy Read Translation of this page? Click here
The Enterprise Development Programme takes a collaborative and participatory approach in programme design.
Organisations apply onto the programme and, if accepted, work alongside the relevant sector-lead to outline a package of support that best fits with their specific needs.
We recognise that every organisation is different. As a partnership, we believe that each programme participant – with input and guidance from their sector-lead – is best placed to know what support you need.
Co-designed packages of support will likely include some of or all of the following:
- Access to a bespoke learning package co-designed by you and your sector-lead,
- The opportunity to apply for either a feasibility or development grant to put your learning into action (note that grants will likely be capped at £30,000 and may be subject to agreed milestones or evidence of growing income sources)
- Extensive peer-learning and networking opportunities,
- Access to a team of pro bono legal experts to act as a sounding board and guide you through the legal considerations of trading
- Invitations to conferences on enterprise development and social investment within the wider charitable sector.
The application process involves two steps:
The Stage 1 Application Form found here asks you to explain your organisation’s mission, provide details about your leadership and to provide a top-line explanation on your proposed trading activity.
Your response will be reviewed by your designated sector lead, and our aim is that you will receive the application outcome and feedback within 5 working days.
Eligible organisations will be invited to complete a Stage 2 Application.
Based on your Stage 1 Application answers, if your organisation is eligible you will receive an email from us that will provide you with a link to the Stage 2 Application Form. Guidance on how to answer the questions can be found here.
Once you’ve submitted your Stage 2 Application, a Relationship Manager from the Social Investment Business team will do an initial review of your application and will contact you to arrange a time to speak to you about your application.
Once you’ve spoken to one of our Relationship Managers, your application will then be reviewed by a panel of representatives from your relevant sector lead, Social Investment Business and Access, the Foundation of Social Investment.
We aim to let applicants know the final outcome of their application with feedback within 8 weeks of the application window for your sector closing, at the very latest.
Package of Support
If you are accepted onto the programme, we will get in touch to discuss your co-designed support package. Once we have confirmed your package of support we will send you an Offer Letter which details the terms and conditions of the support.
If you have any questions at any point during the application process, you can get in touch with us for advice and guidance at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any communication needs
Reach out to your sector’s Enterprise Development Manager:
- Black and Minoritised Communities – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environment – email@example.com
- Equality – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homelessness – Murphy.Hopkins-Hubbard@homelesslink.org.uk
- Mental Health – email@example.com
- Youth – firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to apply? Click on the drop down bar below to see when the next round of applications opens for your sector.
Application Windows 2021
Want to download a version of the guidance? Click here